Your Provider for Chiropractic & Natural Wellness Care for Chronic Pain Relief in Austin
At Whitehead Chiropractic, we're proud to offer gentle, natural chiropractic and wellness care to meet your health and wellness needs.
Our techniques are delivered naturally, through non-invasive means. That means our treatments require shorter recovery times than many standard medical treatments, and we treat pain at its source, instead of masking the pain with medication. Whether you're new to chiropractic care in the Austin area, or have been to a chiropractor before, we encourage you to come to Whitehead Chiropractic for holistic, whole-body healing.
Chiropractic & Non-Surgical Pain Management for ATXDr. Wendee Whitehead D.C. has helped thousands of people in Austin, Texas find relief from their chronic pain and suffering. She has created a unique system to identify and solve complicated pain conditions.
We Offer Gentle, Non-Invasive Services
We offer members of the Austin community a range of services, including:
Family Chiropractic Care
- Chiropractic adjustment. Our spinal adjustments help realign the vertebrae of the spine, reduce muscle tension and relieve pressure on the joints. This technique is effective for relieving joint and muscle pain throughout the body. Spinal adjustment can also eliminate subluxations that prevent the brain from communicating properly with the rest of the body, thus improving body performance overall.
- Upper Cervical Care. Orthospinology (aka Upper Cervical) is a gentle chiropractic technique that restores the body’s natural ability to achieve optimal health, reduce pain and ease chronic health problems WITHOUT any twisting or popping to manipulate the spine.
Orthospinology utilizes precise instrument adjustments for a gently and painless correction. The correction is mathematically calculated for each patient, according to the misalignment of his or her spine. This specific adjustment is designed to remove interference from the spinal cord and restore body balance.
- Posture screenings. Our spinal and postural screenings help reveal problems that would otherwise go undiagnosed. We offer postural screenings to the community at health fairs, malls and other public areas. This enables us to reach the greatest number of people in the shortest period of time. Call us to find out when our next postural screening will be!
Auto Accident & Personal Injury
If you've been involved in an automobile accident or had a work-related injury on the job in Austin, our personal injury chiropractors can help. We will provide a complete initial consultation, exam, diagnosis, and prescribe a treatment program, and document it every step of the way.
Sports Injury Rehab
Our Austin sport doctors of chiropractic (DC) treat neuromusculoskeletal problems and are trained and licensed to provide treatment on sports training and injury prevention to athletes.
- Strengthening exercises. We teach our patients how to perform corrective exercises. These exercises can help relieve musculoskeletal pain and help our patients heal from their injuries. Best of all, since our corrective exercises can be done at home, stretches and exercises help our patients work on their healing outside the chiropractic clinic.
- Nutritional counseling. Proper nutrition is important for all our patients. Proper nutrition can help you meet your target weight and keep off extra pounds. Eating right can also give you the energy you need to exercise, which can help improve your musculoskeletal health and avoid injuries.
- Lifestyle advice. Good health and wellness is achieved by living a healthy lifestyle. We coach our patients to help them avoid behaviors that can be detrimental to their health and wellbeing.
Our Approach to Chiropractic
We use a number of highly-effective adjusting approaches to help improve spinal biomechanics and reduce nervous system interference. The approach we use is based on our judgment and years of experience.
Austin patients enjoy Dr. Wendee Whitehead's adjusting approach. Think of an adjustment as "tuning" a piano, adjusting each string so it produces the perfect tone. The primary adjusting techniques we use include:
Gonstead technique - Named for its developer, we conduct a thorough evaluation using full spine X-rays and a heat-sensing instrument for accurate adjustments.
Thompson Terminal Point technique is a system of analysis and a special table that reduces the amount of energy needed to adjust your spine... read more» Activator Methods® This is a system of spinal evaluation combined with a handheld adjusting instrument that delivers a consistent, low-force thrust.
McKenzie Exercises is a program of assessment, treatment and prevention strategies (including exercise) that is used to relieve back and neck pain.
If you've been to a chiropractor before and prefer to be adjusted in a particular way, let Dr. Wendee Whitehead know. We want you to relax, enjoy and fully benefit from your chiropractic care.
Contact Us for an Appointment Today
At Whitehead Chiropractic, we're proud to provide people of Austin with natural healing services. We treat a variety of conditions including auto accident injuries, work-related injuries, musculoskeletal conditions, back pain, arthritis, whiplash and more. If you suffer from a chronic condition, have an injury or simply want to feel your best, contact us today at 512-451-0115 to make an appointment.