At Whitehead Chiropractic, we believe that there is a better and safer way back to health. If you are searching for a "chiropractor near me" in Austin TX and would like to contact us or request appointment, we offer several ways to do so.
How To Contact Us Or Schedule An Appointment
- By Phone: If you'd like to schedule an appointment now over the phone or for more information, please call us at 512-451-0115.
- Complete Form Below: For questions or comments, please fill out the form below to get a call back from one of our friendly staff members within 1-2 business days. If you have questions, we're happy to answer them for you!
Address & Business Hours
5775 Airport Blvd #300
Austin, TX 78752
Email: Whitehead Chiropractic
Monday: 9:00 AM-5:30 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am-2:00 pm
Wednesday: 9:00 am-5:30 pm
Thursday: 1:00 pm-5:30 pm
Friday: 9:00 am-12:30 pm
Saturday: By Appointment
Centrally located in Austin, you won't have to drive far to see a chiropractor near you open today!
ACRB Board Certified Chiropractor Near You in Austin TX since 1991.
If you have never been seen by our walk in chiropractor in Austin, be sure to visit our new patient center where you can find out more about the chiropractic care we offer, along with the types of services we provide, new patient affordable chiropractic specials, about our easy intake services.
If you are struggling to manage chronic pain or heal an injury, it's natural to get frustrated with traditional medical care. Prescription medication only provides temporary relief, and invasive surgeries often create additional problems and risks. Our chiropractor near you is personally committed to diagnosing the problem, implementing corrective treatment and restoring functionality and mobility.
Treatment: Our Approach To Chiropractic Near Me
We might recommend numerous forms of treatment to go along with Austin chiropractic adjustments, such as corrective exercises, nutritional counseling and lifestyle advice.
Dr. Wendee Whitehead and our chiropractic team utilizes non-invasive chiropractic techniques, such as the Gonstead Technique and Upper Cervical Care provided by only a few chiropractors in Austin. She is also Board Certified in Rehabilitation and Strengthening, which enables her to create custom rehabilitation plans that provide true relief. Our team provides comprehensive and custom care to each of our patients.
What Should I, As A Patient, Expect with A Rehab Program?
Rehabilitation chiropractors focus on active and goal-oriented care. Dr. Wendee Whitehead will use your self-determined goals through an individualized treatment plan. You will be taught proper movement patterns, postures and ergonomics, and injury prevention strategies to accelerate your healing process. Dr. Whitehead will create an individualized treatment plan to help you reach your lifestyle goals. Treatment often includes:
- Balance Exercises
- Stretching and stability exercises
- Exercises to increase endurance and strength
- Pain reduction and elimination
Our Rehab chiropractors near you can save you time and money by eliminating the need for multiple providers for the same service. This is especially important in the environment of ever-increasing deductibles and co-payments. Stop searching for a "chiropractor near me" — you've come to the right place!
Each phase of rehab can be enhanced through proper nutritional recommendations:
- Phase I Rehab: Acute Inflammatory Phase, which occurs 24-72 hours post injury. During Phase I, the patient exhibits symptoms including pain, redness, inflammation and swelling. The body releases biochemicals including bradykinins histamines and prostaglandins which provide for the initial inflammatory reaction following an injury. During this phase our rehab doctor will recommend nutrients that will reduce some of the side effects of inflammation. These recommendations could include avoiding sugars, high carbs, glutens and grains. In addition, our chiropractor near you may prescribe anti-inflammatory nutrients that include Vitamin C, SPM Active, Vitamin D in combination with proteolytic enzymes including bromelain, pancreatin and papain.
- Phase II Rehab: Repair or Regenerative Phase of care and occurs 24 hours to 6 weeks post injury. Nutrients during this phase support the production and deposition of collagen. Nutritional recommendations during this phase includes: Vitamin C, Multivitamin, SPM Active, Vitamin D, Magnesium
- Phase III rehab is known as the Remodeling Phase and occurs from 3 weeks to 12 months post injury. Recommendations during this phase include: Vitamin C, Green leafy vegetables, Glucosamine sulfate, Chondroitin Sulfate, SPM Active
Peripheral Neuropathy is a disorder involving the nerves in either the upper or lower extremities. Common upper extremity peripheral neuropathies include carpal tunnel, cubital tunnel syndrome, Guyons canal syndrome, pisiform-hamate syndrome, radial tunnel syndrome, anterior interosseous syndrome, Pronator syndrome, hand-cuff neuropathy and thoracic outlet syndrome.
Once a proper diagnosis is made, our Rehab chiropractor near you will use specific techniques including mobilization, manipulation, and activator techniques combined with Isometrics and isotonic/isokinetic muscle retraining exercises.
Dr. Wendee Whitehead frequently recommends SPM Active, a multi-vitamin and EZ Flex. Adjunctive Procedures may include:
- Laser therapy
- Percussive Therapy
- Myofascial release
How Chiropractic Helps Relieve Pain
A misalignment of the musculoskeletal system is an underlying cause for many types of body pain. An auto accident injury like whiplash, a pinched nerve or natural wear and tear on the body can lead to misalignments in the spine.
Chiropractic care focuses on restoring alignment to the musculoskeletal system for natural relief through advanced techniques such as Gonstead Technique and Orthospinology (upper cervical care). Whether you suffer from foot plantar fasciitis or shoulder with a herniated disc, we can help you find true relief with less treatment.
Safe, Non-Surgical Chiropractic Care for Pain Relief
At Whitehead Chiropractic, our chiropractic care is a non-surgical approach to pain relief that does not have these risks. Whether you have lower back pain or an injury to another joint, you might deal with ongoing pain that does not improve with medication or another form of conventional treatment. Although some doctors recommend surgery for pain that does not ease up, this comes with potentially serious risks and no guarantee that the procedure will be successful.
Instead, at Whitehead Chiropractic, our chiropractor near you can enjoy relief from your symptoms while also lowering your risk of having persistent pain or pain that comes back. These treatments do not put you at risk of developing other health problems or serious complications.
The Best Chiropractor Near Me In Austin: Call Whitehead Chiropractic For An Appointment!
Dr. Wendee Whitehead, Board-Certified Rehabilitation and Strengthening Specialist, will help you get out of pain with fast, gentle and effective relief. Precise chiropractic manipulation with your own specific rehabilitation program assures you of optimal results.
Our chiropractor near you, Dr. Wendee Whitehead, has been in practice in Austin since 1991. She has developed a unique system to combine spinal adjustments with advanced rehabilitation techniques for over 20,000 people. Call our office at 512-451-7070 and learn how to improve your posture and relieve your pain.