Back Pain TREATMENT in Austin
Welcome to Whitehead Chiropractic, where our Austin chiropractor treats back pain with no medication. Rather than use expensive and potentially addictive pain medication to treat a pulled muscle or slipped disc, come to our wellness center for complementary therapies that focus on the whole person.
Through a hands-on examination of your spine, Dr. Wendee Whitehead and our chiropractic team at Whitehead Chiropractic will determine the cause of your pain and develop a treatment plan unique to your health and needs.
What Causes Back Pain?
Whether you feel a sudden twinge or chronic pain in your back, finding the cause can be tricky. There are many potential causes of back pain.
Back pain can be the result of an underlying condition such as a slipped disc, herniated disc, sciatica, spinal stenosis or degenerative disc disease. One of the most common ways to hurt your back is through pulling or straining a muscle, either by overdoing it around the home or through a sports injury. We also see many clients who were hurt in an auto accident or on the job. Jobs with poor ergonomics also cause back pain by altering your posture.
Lower Back Pain Relief
The lower back is one of the most common locations of chronic pain and is one of the more common conditions we treat at Whitehead Chiropractic in Austin TX. The rib cage supports and stabilizes the spine in the thoracic area, but the lower back vertebrae have no such support system.
Although this makes the lower back highly mobile, it also makes it more likely to suffer from a misalignment or injury. Our lower back pain treatment consists of advanced techniques that can alleviate the pain, correct the misalignment and underlying cause, such as a pinched nerve, which can result in a number of other conditions.
Back Pain Treatment in Austin
Here at Whitehead Chiropractic, our chiropractor, Dr. Whitehead, uses a range of techniques to relieve symptoms of back pain. It all begins with a thorough exam to figure out what has caused your back pain and how to best relieve your symptoms. During the exam, we may ask about your health history, daily routine, work, and more.
After we have a full picture of your injuries, we will put together a treatment plan to restore your wellness. Techniques that we may use to relieve your back pain include:
• Activator - The activator allows us to make precise adjustments to your vertebrae, bringing the spine back into alignment. With the activator, we can make very minute adjustments that pay off big by reducing the inflammation, mobility restrictions, and pain.
• Thompson method - The Thompson method of spinal manipulation uses force and body weight to return the spine to its natural alignment, relieving pain within your body.
• Spinal manipulation - We also use our hands to gently push or pull the spine back into alignment, restore the full range of motion to affected muscle tissue, and retrain your muscles.
• Trigger point therapy - Trigger points of tight knots of muscle cause pain and inflammation, but we can help. We'll relieve the trigger points, so you can make a full recovery.
• McKenzie exercises - Once we've relieved your pain, we will show you this set of exercises, which will keep you pain-free.
Schedule Back Pain Treatment in Austin
We offer all new patients in the Austin area a free consultation, at no risk. Call our chiropractic clinic at 512-451-0115 or reserve your consultation online to get started.